Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mark's Video Showcase

Ok, so I've decided to showcase on this blog some of my favorite videos that I've done in the past. I've done a lot of professional work that will never be seen in public. These videos are just the ones i can show, the ones i did in my spare time.

enjoy!


So the first one i have to show you is probably my most popular video.
This is a tribute video i made for the great Charles Chaplin. The song used in the videos is from a band called JFive. This is one of the biggest projects I've worked on, which is pretty amazing how it turned out because i did it all on my own. I set up a green screen in my back yard and went to town. If you only watch one of my videos, watch this one!




Now the next video is a video i made a very long time ago. I filmed it with my sisters and the raw footage sat on the shelf for a few years. Then, when the Sierra College video festival was coming up i decided to edit it into something nice. It ended up winning an award, so that was cool. It's a silent (which i prefer) and it is steeped in symbolism. If you want to know the meaning, ask me.



The next video is the latest video i made. I wanted to put clips from all my favorite movies into one sequence. That way when someone asks me what my favorite movies are, all i have to do is show them this clip. The editing for this was tough to get just right, but i really liked doing it because i edited each clip as if it were for a movie trailer.



The following two videos are videos that i made with a couple of other Sierra College students. I directed "So Close," and i edited both of them.





Comedies are fun to make, but i also like making serious stuff. In Plato's Symposium, Socrates speaks of a good poet being able to do both comedy and tragedy with ease. I like to think i am able to do both. The comedies are fun, but the tragedies mean much more to me.





And now a 180; here's a good old fashioned funny:



Here's a couple of smaller projects i've done.. just for fun!





And finally, here is a short film i did when i was bored one afternoon. I spent months in post-production playing around with different special effect techniques. It was good practice for the Chaplin video.


1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey Mark! I didn't know you had a blog besides Uri MIller, COOL! Love you tons! Becky : )